Are you a farmer at heart? Take your agri ambitions to the next level with Kaap Agri’s Farmer Development Programmes.
The Kaap Agri Academy empowers new generation farmers with high quality training programmes that equip them with the skills, information and experience they need to become successful commercial farmers.
Applications for the 2022 Farmer Development Programmes are now open and close on 30 November – so apply today.
What you’ll learn
The academy offers the following courses:
- NQF 2 Learnership Programme in Mixed Farming Systems
- NQF 3 Learnership Programme in Animal Production
- NQF 3 Learnership Programme in Plant Production
- NQF 4 Learnership Programme in Animal Production
- NQF 4 Learnership Programme in Plant Production
The training format will follow a blended learning method, combining online learning, video-based facilitation and practical experiential learning contact sessions.
What you need to know
Applications are open. Download the application form here.
Application deadline: 30 November 2021
Course dates: March 2022 until end October 2022
All learning material is in English, but the classes are conducted in both English and Afrikaans.
- be South African citizens and reside in the Western Cape or Northern Cape provinces;
- have access to their own computer with an uninterrupted data connection;
- be involved in a farming operation, be past graduates of the academy or Grade 12 graduates interested in a career in agriculture and
- be available to attend all practical experiential learning contact sessions at the Kaap Agri Academy in Porterville. (The Kaap Agri Academy can subsidise transport to and from the Porterville training centre, as well as food and accommodation related costs where needed.)
For more information on the Kaap Agri Farmer Development Programmes, click here or send an email to email@example.com.