Following the remarkable success of the limited-edition Ford Ranger Thunder in 2020, Ford South Africa is introducing another unique and appealing iteration based on the upmarket Wildtrak – the Ranger Stormtrak.
“The Ranger Thunder was exceptionally well received when we launched it a year ago, proving unequivocally that there is strong demand for range-topping models that offer something different from the norm,” says Doreen Mashinini, General Manager for Marketing at Ford South Africa.
“The new Ranger Stormtrak follows the same recipe as the limited-edition Thunder by elevating the style, sophistication and exclusivity of our most luxuriously appointed model in the Ranger line-up,” Mashinini says.
In Stormtrak guise, the Ranger gains several muscular, attention-grabbing design elements, aside from a striking black mesh grille with red inserts:
• A black insert in the lower section of the front bumper.
• Black decals for the bonnet and doors.
• Black roof rails and 18-inch alloy wheels finished in gloss black.
• Three-dimensional Stormtrak logos on the lower sections of the front doors, as well as on the rear tailgate.
• A vibrant new paint colour, Lucid Red (the vehicle can also be specified in Sea Grey, Frozen White or Blue Lightning).
It’s not only on the styling front that the Ranger Stormtrak gains special treatment, everyday practicality has also been elevated thanks to the standard fitment of Ford’s new Power Roller Shutter for the rear load compartment. This ensures that goods can be secured safely in the load bed with ease – a feature that is complemented by the integration of the tailgate locking mechanism into the vehicle’s central locking system.
Other interior features include:
• An adjustable bed divider kit that makes it easy to compartmentalise the cargo area according to the size of the items being carried.
• A drop-in bedliner providing a useful 12-volt socket for powering accessories such as a camping fridge.
Step into the cabin and you are greeted with sumptuous luxury and attention to detail – including:
• Illuminated front scuff plates.
• Premium leather seats that incorporate striking red stitching and the Stormtrak logo taking pride of place on the backrests of the front seats.
• Red stitching used throughout the leather-trimmed cabin, including on the soft-touch dashboard upper, steering wheel and gear lever, enhancing the sporty ambience.
• SYNC®3 infotainment system with embedded navigation.
• Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
• FordPass functionality that allows the owner to access numerous vehicle features remotely from their phone, such as remote and scheduled starts to cool or heat the cabin.
UNDER THE HOOD
The Stormtrak comes standard with an extensive list of innovative active and passive safety systems and driver aids, such as:
• Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Forward Collision Alert.
• Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB).
• Lane Keeping Alert and Lane Keeping Aid, Driver Alert System.
• Semi-Automatic Parallel Park Assist.
• Ford’s 2.0-litre Bi-Turbo engine, which produces 157kW and 500Nm.
• An advanced 10-speed automatic transmission that delivers seamless shifts matched with responsive performance and impressive fuel economy.
• Towing capacity of 3 500kg remains unchanged.
• 800mm water wading depth and 230mm ground clearance.
For more information or to find your nearest dealer, visit ford.co.za.