The new Ranger Raptor Special Edition adds even more dramatic style to Ford’s ultimate Ranger model.
Built in limited numbers to ensure exclusivity, the new Ranger Raptor Special Edition enhances the thoroughbred truck’s commanding exterior and premium interior with the addition of several functional and styling enhancements – from eye-catching decals and red accents to the fitment of the integrated sports hoop and practical Mountain Top lockable black roller shutter.
Developed by Ford Performance as the ultimate Ranger model, the Ranger Raptor created an entirely new segment in the light commercial vehicle market when it was launched in 2019, featuring an ultra-strong chassis, bespoke suspension and tyres, and a Terrain Management System to support the thrill-seeking outdoor lifestyles of true off-road enthusiasts.
“The new Ranger Raptor Special Edition adds even more dramatic style to this trend-setting model, which remains unequalled in the popular truck segment two-and-a-half years after it was launched in South Africa,” says Doreen Mashinini, General Manager for Marketing at Ford South Africa.
“The unique exterior enhancements and cabin updates make our off-road performance truck even more distinctive and desirable, while the fitment of the roller shutter as standard significantly enhances practicality and security for our customers.”
HEAD-TURNING ROAD PRESENCE
- Choose between bold Sea Grey, Frozen White, Blue Lightning and Agate Black paint finishes.
- Twin matte black racing stripes – edged with red contrast lines – on the bonnet, roof, lower body sides, rear wings and tailgate emphasise the Ranger Raptor’s high-performance character.
- The front tow hooks are finished in red.
- Also new to this exclusive model is the integrated black sports hoop derived from the Ranger Wildtrak, which adds further sporting flair to the Ranger Raptor’s muscular appearance.
- The addition of the lockable Mountain Top black roller shutter allows owners to secure goods safely in the load compartment.
INSIDE THE DOUBLE CAB
- An even sportier, bespoke feel is delivered with red stitching for the steering wheel, instrument panel and door cards.
- Standard high-grain leather seats are designed for comfort and support, whether tackling rough terrain or a smooth highway.
- The Standard Special Edition-only Raceway Grey instrument panel adds further exclusivity.
- The Special Edition model retains Ranger Raptor’s unique Ford Performance chassis.
- Optimised for high-speed off-road driving where regulations and conditions allow, Ranger Raptor features a 150mm wider track and 51mm taller ride height than the standard Ranger for greater off-road capability.
- The bespoke suspension uses aluminium double wishbones at the front and a multi-link rear architecture, including specially developed FOX shock absorbers with Position Sensitive Damping that moderates damping forces in response to changing driving scenarios.
- General Grabber AT3 all-terrain tyres offer maximum grip on loose surfaces.
UNDER THE HOOD
- The Ranger Raptor Special Edition is powered by Ford’s 157kW 2.0 litre Bi-Turbo diesel engine, developing 500Nm of torque.
- It shares its responsive 10-speed automatic gearbox with the Ford Mustang sports car.
- Its unique Terrain Management System enables drivers to tackle a wide range of terrain and driving scenarios, including Baja Mode – named after the famous Baja 1000 desert rally – for optimum off-road performance.
ENQUIRIES: Visit https://www.ford.co.za/ to find your nearest dealer.